From A to what could Be!
What kinds of companies do I love to help?
- Those that have an ad hoc approach to strategic marketing or product management – who see marketing as an outbound activity or product management as an engineering function rather than a top-table strategic business function
- Those that tend to take a scattergun approach to market segmentation and market positioning and who are not adopting a structured approach to finding new revenue opportunities
- Those that have gaps in their existing management structure – perhaps where the CEO/Founder is becoming increasingly busy with business development activities and is struggling to align the independent silos that are developing across the business – engineering, sales, marketing
- Those that need unbiased help from a business coach who can moderate crucial strategic conversations at a leadership level
- Those that are time and resource poor but under a lot of pressure to deliver on investment
What is the process?
IntegratedThinking use a 5 step Insight 2 Value process that combines coaching & mentoring expertise with a clear process and toolset to support businesses to:
- Capture Insights: on their current business context, future market opportunities, buyer behaviours and competitive landscape
- Focus: on key market opportunities that will drive revenue and enable them to clearly articulate their service/product/solution offering for these markets
- Position: create a positioning statement that enables them to differentiate in a competitive landscape
- Validate: their market hypothesis with key potential buyers
- Communicate: their value to their key target markets
What value will this give your business?
I want to bring value across three key areas for your business:
- Skillset – helping your team (Strategic Marketers and Product Managers) to adopt new skills that will enable them to be more strategic in their approach.
- Toolset – bringing tools and methodologies to your business that I have developed or used over years as a practitioner in strategic product management and marketing.
- Mindset – coaching and mentoring your team to be the best that they can be.
- I bring a structured approach to how your business captures insights on market opportunities, focuses on the right opportunities, differentiates in a competitive market and validates your solution with the market
- I have specific experience in delivering strategic product management and strategic marketing projects
- I bring insights from years of experience working with scaling clients – including through organisations such as Enterprise Ireland, Trinity College, IBEC and DCU Ryan Academy
- I am a qualified Executive and Team Coach and provide both coaching & mentoring support to get the team through a structured action-oriented process
- I have the experience to drive crucial and productive leadership conversations having worked at a VP-level in a large technology company
- I work like a detective for the business – sorting through information to identify pieces of evidence and see solutions before others have seen problems
- I adopt a proven methodology that helps to transform your business – combining coaching questions with tools to support market segmentation, needs analysis, value propositions, business modelling and market positioning. Why re-invent the wheel yourself when there are tried and tested tools that will help you to make progress quickly
- I balance a focus on the here and now with an openness to new possibilities and ideas
- I am forthright and plainspoken
- I can see solutions before other people have seen there are problems
- Where there is a lack of purpose or direction I like to sow the seeds of change
- I like to develop a climate of collaboration, growth and self development in any organisation that I work with
- I bring an outside view and insightful questioning/feedback to help senior leaders to unearth insights that will move the business forward
- I am not coloured or impacted by internal views and biases – I deal with events, people and facts as they present themselves
- I aim to develop a growth mindset in any organisation that I work with
- I create energy, enthusiasm and direction in order to foster a shared vision of the future to which all are committed
With over 30 years experience in the software sector, I have a proven track record in leading teams to deliver a portfolio of successful solutions to solve validated market challenges. I know how to link strategic marketing (commercial product management) with product & solution delivery, digital marketing and sales – my key focus is alignment across the organisation.
Through contacts developed over the years, IntegratedThinking works with industry veterans who can provide guidance to both start-up and scaling companies.